To re-certify your credential, you must fulfill the re-certification requirements and submit payment.
Please follow these steps:
- Complete and pass two self-assessment reviews. Earn ten (10) of the required CEUs by completing your mandatory annual coding, OASIS, hospice or compliance self-assessments (view instructions for accessing self-assessments here. CEUs earned from self-assessments are loaded into your tracker by BMSC within three (3) business days. Please keep this in mind as you are responsible for starting your recertification process in enough time to meet the required deadlines.
- Document earned CEUs on your online CEU tracker at https://ahcc.decisionhealth.com.
- Click on "Re-certify Now," select the certification you are recertifying, click on “Add To Cart,” verify the information on the shopping cart page, click on “Proceed To Checkout,” enter your information and submit payment.
NOTE: You will only be able to submit payment once your self-assessments and CEUs have been completed and recorded.
If you do not re-certify before your specified date, you may be subject to late fees and revocation of your credential!
If you have any questions about re-certification, visit the AHCC website for more information: https://ahcc.decisionhealth.com/credentialed-maintaining.aspx. You can also contact customer service at 1-855-225-5341 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Board of Medical Specialty Coding & Compliance
BMSC Extension Policy
You can be granted an extension, but only under the following special circumstances:
- Natural disaster: In the event of bad weather, a natural disaster, or another emergency (for example, a test center power outage)
- Medical or Personal Emergency: A medical or personal emergency is an unplanned event that prevents you from taking the exam. A medical or personal emergency may apply to you or one of your immediate family members; spouse, child, or parent as defined by the Family Medical Leave Act. Documentation (i.e. doctor’s note, emergency room forms, obituary) showing why you could not take your exam will be required.
If the candidate has met one of the above special circumstances, requests an extension for an exam or certification eligibility period, and is approved the extension, the fees that apply are:
- First Approved Request for an Extension–$75 (valid for 45 days)
- Second and Final Approved Request for an Extension–$150 (valid for an additional 30 days). No additional extension will be authorized.
For all extension requests, please complete and submit the AHCC Request for Consideration form found here: http://ahcc.decisionhealth.com/credentialed-fees.aspx, along with any required documentation(s). Fees are processed after the request has been approved.